Thursday, August 27, 2009

From pant legs to pot holder

I'm always on the look out for a new hobby and most recently I've set my sights on sewing and crafting. More specifically, I like the idea of making new things out of old things. For my first project, I made a couple of pot holders out of the legs of some jeans I cut into shorts. The first one will function but has many flaws. I made a list of all the things that went wrong with the first project, and my second one is almost flawless! Plus I made it in half the time it took me to make the first one. I had a couple issues with the hem of the jeans being to thick for my dinky little Hello Kitty sewing machine. But for the most part, it's beautiful! I'm very proud of my work.

Here's a link to the instructions I followed to make this: http://www.makeandtakes.com/blue-jean-pot-holders.

(I didn't make mine with the pocket of my jeans because I only had the legs to work with.)

No comments:

Post a Comment